Dahi Vada | Dahi Bhalla | Indian Food | Easy Recipe
Deep fried Urad Dal dumplings, softened by soaking into buttermilk / chaas / water and then
topped with chilled dahi, chociest spices and added a hint of Tangy ness with Khati Meethi Imli ki chutney!! This is a Snack/Chaat you just cant get over!!!
- Urad Dal - 2 Cups
- Hing - 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies Paste - 1 tsp - adjust as per taste
- Salt - As Per Taste
- Buttermilk / Chassh - 1 Bowl
- Oil - For Deep Frying
- To Garnish
- Dahi / Curd - Wisked Dahi with added sugar and salt as per taste
- Imli (Tamarind) Ki Chutney
- Roasted Jeera(cumin) Powder
- Sanchar Powder / Black Salt
- Red Chilli Powder
- Soak urad dal for about 5-6 hours, drain and then grind it into coarse paste without adding any water.
- In a mixing bowl, add urad dal from above step, green chillis paste, hing and salt and mix well
- Keep oil in kadhai for deep frying vadas, meanwhile the oil is heating, take out 2 tbsp of hot oil and add them to the above mixture and mix well
- Now deep fry vadas till golden brown, and after frying soak vadas in buttermilk (chaas) for 7-10 minutes, you can also use water to soak vadas instead of buttermilk
- Now, take out all the vadas one by one, and gently press between plams to drain out access buttermilk/water
- Keep vadas in serving plate, add dahi on the top, then add red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder, sanchar powder and imli ki chutney as per taste preferences and finally garnish with chopped coriander and pomegranate.
- Dahi vadas are ready to be served
- Please watch the video given below for full recipe and illustration and please subscribe our youtube channel for more videos.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujCvQUctRA8″][/vc_column][/vc_row]Add to Favourites